Wednesday, 23 August 2017

“Quilters will surely be fascinated by the stunningly beautiful quilt and cushion that my lovely friend (Clare Boomer) has made to support ‘PAPYRUS Prevention of Young Suicide’ - a cause that sadly touches so many people. Clare has explained how anyone can support her endeavours. (Regrettably, only UK entries are possible.) Please consider doing so. (Ann Somerset Miles)

Here's Clare's story behind the making of this very special quilt and accompanying cushion:



Seven months and a new sewing machine later….

I’m delighted to say I’ve finished my quilt and a second prize cushion and am now ready to start the Big Quilt Raffle!
I hope you’ll support me in my bid to raise £1000 for @Papyrus prevention of young suicide.
Tickets cost £2 each, and the draw will take place on 8 December, 2017.
It’s really easy to buy raffle tickets online. Just visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/PurpleQuilt and follow the instructions. You can also learn more about what motivated me to raise money for this fantastic charity.
Alternatively you can buy tickets from me in person or, if you’re in the Banbury area, you can buy them from Sharlyn Interiors in Bloxham (@Sharlyn Interiors) and GTS Sewing Machines (@gts sewing machines ltd) in Mewburn Rd, Banbury.
Many thanks to @Bethan Dennick for the great photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment