Saturday, 22 June 2013

Open studio in a little caravan - an invitation

If you double-click on this flyer, you should be able to read it.
For those who haven't yet been bombarded with information or duplicate invitations, here is the flyer I created for my studio opening as part of Warwickshire Open Studios. Whenever we are away working in the caravan, I always have my art supplies with me, from a tiny boxful to a basket-load. This year I am moving forward from just 'paper, fabric and stitch' in my mixed-media journals, demonstrating processes and incidents that stimulate anything from map-trails to 'woven words' - I am attempting to create an interactive 'Caravan Kaleidescope'. 

Apart from the stitched cover, this journal was created this Spring whilst staying near Knighton, Powys, Wales
I will be creating the pages within the caravan, hoping that visitors will participate by adding their own impressions triggered by the chaos of our surroundings and hopefully the beauty of what I will be exhibiting. I do hope you will be able to join me, and if you can't but wish you could, do send me a message and I will print and stitch it into the Kaleidoscope. I think this will be a exciting challenge as my demos will turn into a finished piece that can be enjoyed by all.

P.S. Please note, the times in my flyer are correct; I have extended and amended them from the ones I submitted for the brochure page.

Here they are for those who cannot open the page:


You will be so welcome to visit - Opening Times are as follows: 
Saturday 29th June and Sunday 30th June, 2013 (11 am - 4.30 pm)
Friday 5th July, Saturday 6th July and Sunday 7th July, 2013 (11 am - 4.30 pm)
Friday 12th July, Saturday 13th July and Sunday 14th July, 2013 (11 am - 4.30 pm)
Ivy House, The Green, Whichford, Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire, CV36 5PE
(Look for the large red milk churn on the pavement outside the house Please park alongside the Green.)
Email: annsomersetmiles@me.com
Telephone: 07891 141580; 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I so wish I could visit you at this event. I am thankful for the internet; it allows us to be "virtual" neighbors. I look forward to seeing what you create. The spring journal above is beautiful. Wish I could hold it and look closer at it. - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, thankyou so much - you are my first virtual visitor and I have saved your kind comment to fix into my book. My aim is to post every week onto the blog during the open studio event with updates. I will also post on Facebook. Now to make the actual book! Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I could be there to see and enjoy your beautiful journals. Your love of words and nature and art and reflection have melded into such beautiful expression in your books. I wonder if any of them will be published--I wish so, but the handmade element would be lost. I would like to see your journals page by page! If I lived anywhere near England, I would come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollace, I wish you were nearer, too. I have added your kind comment to the 'virtual visitor' book (almost ready) and will post as often as I can during my days of opening. Thanks for responding. Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time. I'm sure you will inspire many people over those weekends oh travelling, wandering pilgrim of art xxxx

    ReplyDelete