Monday, 20 June 2011

My quilting journey continues


a marvellous clay panel made by school children, with intricate decoration

I was back at Malvern again over the weekend, this time reporting on the Three Counties Show - food, farming and countryside; and once more attempting to blog live. I've had no time to prepare for personal play-time and possible sketching and journaling; although I did snatch my mini-watercolour box and a sketch book as I left home at 6.00am on Friday morning, just in case. It didn't come out of the bag.

enlarged and transferred to fabric, then stitched and quilted, these will add an extra dimension to my quilted journal

 I knew I would be busy and in such spare time as I had available after our arrival and before the show started, so I planned to organise all my stitching and journaling references into a single notebook. My thoughts and sketches are scattered around the house, in rooms on three floors, and within those rooms on numerous pieces of paper and notebooks out of number. Well, I've begun at least.

so simple, yet so effective - this is the third of the three panels that adorn the outside of the TCAS education building

But walking around the Showground on the final day of set-up, I had my camera ready to catch intriguing shapes, as I did at the Spring Gardening Show. I just loved these 2ftx2ft clay panels, made by schoolchildren who use the excellent educational facilities the Showground had to offer. What marvellous stitched panels these would make - and I know just how I will use them. But that's a story for another day; my WiFi time was limited and I had other posts to write.


How fortunate are all the local school within the Malvern catchment area  - to able to use the inspiring education facilities on offer at the TCAS showground.

1 comment:

  1. Ann - this is fabulous - the clay design and that you transferred it to fabric - ingenius!!! What an amazing piece of work this is going to be!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete