Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Back at Malvern - and a 'blogathon'


I'm back at Malvern, within sight of the bow-backed hills. Writing for various clients re the Spring Gardening Show (on from tomorrow until Sunday (inclusive). A could not come away without my journaling bag, am making the tiniest of journals from an old map. 'Malvern Trail' is its title. The pic above shows my experimental piece: map with white primer applied and scraped off, then spritzed with glimmer mist and something similar from Craft Notions. Then I tried a quick outline sketch of the two hills I can see from the caravan window. Coloured with Neocolor II, melded together with Golden clear gloss gel (which I usually use for images transfers.


Here's the actual prepped journal, awaiting words and sketches. The whole thing will be backed with some stiff brown cotton I found lurking in the attic. I plan to free-machine stitch flowers on each 'page' (so the journal will be double-sided) with the title lettering also produced on the sewing machine.

I plan to blog every day of the Show - on all four of my blogs: quite a 'blogathon' in fact. That is if the showground WiFi is cooperative. Each blog post (there should be sixteen in all) will be different; my blogs all interact, so if you want to follow my Trail, please click from one blog to another. I'll now move on to the next blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this. It will be intriguing to see the finished journal.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating textures! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete