Friday, 24 December 2010

Christmas Eve word-whisper




Delivering local Christmas cards around the village late yesterday afternoon, I was captivated by the quiet, the solitude, and everywhere as I walked 'the loop', so much beauty. As always when I am alone, words sprang into my mind; jotted down on an old envelope - I'd forgotten a notebook, a word-whisper just happened. The top photo, along the high road, will be used in a fabric book that I have 'on the go', as will the words; these and other word-spills accompanied by photos collected both this winter and last. Layouts will follow, sitting at my art-cum-writing desk overlooking the village green, then selection of fabrics from the mountain I have been collecting, and then image transfers and stitching. My 'winter observed' will become a keepsake by which I will remember all the blogging friends who so inspire whatever I do.

Christmas Greetings, much love, and all the very best for 2011.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Yule to you too. Hope your having a lovely holiday. I love these photos, really beautiful. Look at that ice down the side of the door, just lovely. Lovely words too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture and poem. Just this morning driving to work I finished listening to a book on CD by Miss Read about a Cotswold Village at Christmas time, and now the beauty here make me feel like a small part of me is spending the holidays in England. A Happy Christmas to you, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos. may your christmas be filled with love laughter and lots of delcious food. A Cotswald village sounds so cosy and delightful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and lovely words. Hope you are having the best of holidays and here is wishing you a happy and healthy new year. Look forward to your new creations.

    ReplyDelete