I was very tempted today to do more to my 'escape' collage, but decided instead to prepare my page of notes as to what I did and why with the 'experimental' page. For I knew that, with a busy week ahead' I would have forgotten my trials by the time I return to it next weekend. This took me rather longer than normal, for first I had to connect the printer and scanner to my laptop (the 'office' computer is still sulking), and then I had to install the relevant software - AND BACK EVERYTHING UP !!!
So here is my page of notes; I realise what I need to improve, and I have more trials to undertake, and then I will be back to what I originally set out to do, without even thinking of notes or experiments. I know I have learned more in working in this way, and at least I have a completed impromptu page, and the basis for another piece of work. Please click on the image to read the actual hand-written text. I wish I had left room for a proper margin, or a frame all round the page - I was concerned to be able to fit in all I wanted to record, but the finished result is not to my liking. Actually, it looks a little better when tabbed alongside the collage page; it looks more purposeful.
I've also re-posted a photo of the experimental page, shot in daylight this time. The colours are more as they should be (not with a yellow-tinge as in yesterday's post), but still the TEXTURE is not apparent; and it is texture as well as colour that I love. I also discovered that the same shot taken on two different cameras records the image with a totally different colour balance - and it isn't always the same camera that gives me the shot I want. I think that is called operator-ignorance. I must learn.