Sunday, 15 February 2009

Collage Notes



I was very tempted today to do more to my 'escape' collage, but decided instead to prepare my page of notes as to what I did and why with the 'experimental' page. For I knew that, with a busy week ahead' I would have forgotten my trials by the time I return to it next weekend. This took me rather longer than normal, for first I had to connect the printer and scanner to my laptop (the 'office' computer is still sulking), and then I had to install the relevant software - AND BACK EVERYTHING UP !!!

So here is my page of notes; I realise what I need to improve, and I have more trials to undertake, and then I will be back to what I originally set out to do, without even thinking of notes or experiments. I know I have learned more in working in this way, and at least I have a completed impromptu page, and the basis for another piece of work. Please click on the image to read the actual hand-written text. I wish I had left room for a proper margin, or a frame all round the page - I was concerned to be able to fit in all I wanted to record, but the finished result is not to my liking. Actually, it looks a little better when tabbed alongside the collage page; it looks more purposeful.

I've also re-posted a photo of the experimental page, shot in daylight this time. The colours are more as they should be (not with a yellow-tinge as in yesterday's post), but still the TEXTURE is not apparent; and it is texture as well as colour that I love. I also discovered that the same shot taken on two different cameras records the image with a totally different colour balance - and it isn't always the same camera that gives me the shot I want. I think that is called operator-ignorance. I must learn.


9 comments:

  1. Interesting to read your notes to yourself. Perfect handwritting for this too. I think your final page is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what's cool about progress and learning! Thanks for sharing your evolution and challenges with journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent idea, making notes on what worked and what didn't with your journaling pages. I love this one and adore seeing your notes about it, too.
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find texture is a challange to photograph. Even when pronounced, it is subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal, I must get into the habit of taking notes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I have visited your Blog but it is lovely. I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooo, I love this!! Reminds me of Muriel Foster's Fishing Diary. sort of-or perhaps more of a first thought this early am and only one cup of coffee. Agree, your blog is fantastic, I am always oooing and awwing at the photos and your brilliant writing. xxx seashell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you write notes about your process... that is a lot of what I am learning to do with my blog... to record the progress of the journals I keep! Beautiful stuff. And beautiful wallpaper find too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your collage...I start such projects but then feel dissatisfied with them as they never look or feel right....How do you keep up with two blogs...I have problems with one...I have found your blog very stimulating and thought provoking...thank you for sharing...H

    ReplyDelete